Labour and Co-operative Member of
Parliament for Kemptown and Peacehaven

Immigration, Asylum and Visas

by Daniel Pomlett on 12.09.18

For advice pertaining to UK Border Agency issues, it is useful to visit the UKBA website, which contains a wealth of information and guidance on immigration issues.

If you require specialist or legal advice you can search the Government’s regulated list of immigration advisors.

MPs offices can typically assist in delayed responses to cases, expediting of cases on compassionate grounds and interventions where the Home Office has made a mistake. We are limited in the assistance we are able to provide with visitors visas.

Please note: whilst Lloyd’s office will try to assist with any UKBA issue you have, and will contact the UKBA on your behalf, we are not able to offer advice regarding these matters or assist you with an application. Such advice can only be provided by qualified legal professionals.


The Law Society

The Law Society offers a directory of legal professionals and their specialisms. You can narrow the results down by location, and by those who accept legal aid.

Migration Law Clinic

The University of Sussex are launching a Migration Law Clinic in September 2018 with the aim to offer migration and asylum legal advice on a pro bono (cost-free) basis to any individual who requires advice in this legal field and cannot afford to pay a legal practitioner.

AIRE Centre:

The AIRE Centre provides free legal advice to individuals seeking advice for themselves or someone they know.

Migrant support services

Refugee Radio – work with refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants. They provide practical support and advice as well as cultural activities.

Labour and Co-operative Member of
Parliament for Kemptown and Peacehaven

Contact Lloyd

Click here

Follow Lloyd